Sunday, November 30, 2008

Complete

We finished getting all of the Christmas stuff out today. I am so thankful for the memories that came with each decoration as I pulled it out of the box...


The advent calendar that my Grandma made me is in place. She made it when I was a baby; I don't remember a Christmas without it. It's old, yellowed and so very sequined, but she made it...for me...I love it.

The tree is up in the boys' room. So very bright, so many lights! But we had so much fun decorating it tonight. I will always cherish moments like this.


Matt wanted to put his nativity scene on his dresser this year. I love that even though it only has seven pieces, he spent about a full five minutes placing them exactly how he thought they should go. I also love that he didn't let his (autographed) Tony Gwynn Rookie Card get too far away from the action. Precious.


I couldn't resist snapping this one. My babies are getting so big! John's on top; that's his foot. Matt's on the bottom, snuggled up in the blanket. The pink thing hanging over Matthew is a post-it; he has something that he wants to remember for tomorrow so he wrote himself a note. And the other white thing hanging..socks. In case his feet get cold in the night. Sigh. I love my boys.


Finally, I love that if you head downstairs, you'll be greeted with the "glow of electric sex". Classic.

Many more decorations fill the house, each with it's own memory. And just think...we are beginning a whole new season for memory-making!

As November draws to a close, and so does NaBloPoMo, I would like to thank you for visiting me every day. It's been fun!

Goodnight, and may you have a very blessed Christmas season!

1 comment:

Misty said...

i love Christmas...

LOVE the nightlight!