Things that I am thankful for that begin with the letter Y...in no particular order...
1. Yeast. Without it, bread just wouldn't be nearly as yummy.
2. Yahtzee. A classic.
3. Yellow Roses. My favorite flowers.
4. Yankee Candles. They really do have the best candles. The gals that work at the Yankee store in the mall totally know me. That might not be a good thing!
5. Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps. One of the best silly songs ever.
6. Yarn. I know that this is going to be used my several people today, but that's okay. Yarn is worth mentioning repeatedly.
7. Yellow Brick Road. (Not the magical road from the Wizard of Oz.) There used to be an arcade upstairs, above the ice rink at UTC. When I was a kid, it was a BIG deal if your mom gave you a few quarters and let you go hang out in Yellow Brick Road. That's where all the cool, older kids were.
8. Yard Sales. Most people call them garage sales, but in my family, they're yard sales. And no, I don't like shopping them. I would never shop them. But I like having them. I have some sweet memories of our huge, family-wide yard sales from when I was a kid. My grandma always let me be in charge of the money!
9. Yardley Soap. It's the soap that they use at Outback Steakhouse. I love the way it makes my hands smell.
10. York Peppermint Patties. Never any other brand, always York.
To see what everyone else is thankful for today, visit Beyond Black & White.