Friday, November 7, 2008

1984

Good morning, everyone.
(At least it will be once I get this cup of coffee in me!)

Today we find ourselves heading back in time, to the totally rad year of 1984. I have a couple of pictures for your consideration.


Here we see quality leadership in action. My parents have taken some of the kids from their Sunday School class to the zoo. (I have no idea why....contest winners, illustrations on creation, who knows.)

I would like you to note the following:

- My dad's large belt buckle and the pen in his pocket. (You never know when you might need a pen.)
- Most of us are dressed in summer attire, but there is one who is wearing long pants, and long-sleeved collared shirt and a sweater. Did she get a memo that we didn't?
- You can't see much of me, but if you look closely you will note that my pink knee socks are pulled up all the way. Way to go, Michelle!
- Both of the boys have on nifty striped socks (again, pulled up all the way) and sweet, two-strapped velcro shoes.
- There are two pairs of jelly shoes; one with jeans and socks, the other with shorts and no socks. Whichever look you prefer, we've got you covered.
- The vest. OH the vest. With the sweater-looking tank top under it. The vest.

You've gotta love fashion in the 80's!


1984 was a big year for me. My dad was not at all happy with this decision, but once he made his feelings clear, he left it up to me and my mom.
In 1984, I went from this:


To this:


I was thrilled. He wasn't.
Yes, that is a crocheted cat in my lap in the before picture.
No, my eyes aren't green, for those of you who are very observant. It's just the coloring in the picture.

Lastly (I really need to start cleaning my house), I have a quick picture from Halloween.

Who am I? Oh, come on, isn't it obvious? I'm Julie, a resistance fighter, from the tv show "V". (Hence, the big V on my sweater.) Alas, there is no Donovan with me, just a cowboy-with-a-mask and his little brother.

That's all I've got for today. Thanks for joining me. See you in '85!

5 comments:

Thany said...

I have the same picture of myself with my hair going from super long to super short (Dorthy Hamil) AND I ahve a Cabbage Patch Kid in my lap. Funny. There is a VERY strong possibility it was the same year-I have to ask.

Dana said...

Hey-
Is that Mark Blais & Tina Hefner? SO FUNNY!!!

Sooz said...

I know why your dad didn't like your haircut: you look so much more grown up! Cute!

Michelle Coffman said...

Dana! You came to visit my blog! You totally made my day! :-)

Beth and Sus, I love you both too. :-)

MomOfDudes said...

I LOVED this BLOG!!!

Michelle, I have TEARS!!! from laughter, first, loved the fashion recap but I am sorry, the Halloween Costume totally got me.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha I've got to read it again

PS. Loved the haircut