Sunday, November 9, 2008

Missed It By That Much!

If you've been following along, you'll recall that last Sunday was not the best of days. Since I gave you a list of everything that didn't go according to plan last week (I really do love lists!), I thought I'd list for you all of the things that went right today. It was absolutely fabulous; it was just what I needed.

- 8am: I woke up. I love sleeping in!

- 8:01am: I realized that it was a rainy day. I enjoyed my cup of coffee while watching the rain fall outside our bedroom window.

- 9:30am I chatted with my brother. While I am truly thankful for this, I'm mostly throwing this in to see if he's really going to start reading my blog like he said he would (he'd better be).

- 10am: I watched the Titans win again. I spent the whole time on the couch, under the blanket, thoroughly enjoying the rainy day.

- 11:30am: I got word that John's baseball game was officially called due to the weather. I was so excited that I got up and did a little dance. (Come on, sports moms...who doesn't love a rain out every now and then?)

*I spent the next few hours watching football, feeling cozy and working on my scarf.

2pm: I found out that Matt's thumb is not broken after all. (He'd injured it in yesterday's game.)

3pm: I took a little snooze.

5:30pm: Andy and I had dinner with our best friends; just us grown-ups, woo hoo!

7:30pm: I got a super-sweet, melt-your-heart smile from Nate the Great

8:30pm: We ended the night with lots of good, old-fashioned fun watching Get Smart.


As I said, it was exactly what I needed. Nothing overly exciting in the grand scheme of life, just a bunch of little things that, when added up, made for a great day. It was the best Sunday I've had in a long, long time.

1 comment:

Thany said...

Dinner was absolute perfection.
Love you guys.