Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween Time


Since several of my buddies have Halloween themed posts today, I'll jump on the band wagon and share our Halloween with you.

I mentioned a few days ago that we were planning to break tradition this year and spend Halloween at Disneyland. It seemed like a good idea. The kids didn't want to dress up, they're kind of big to go out and trick or treat, and no one was thrilled with the harvest festival idea. So AC game home from work at around 11:30am last Friday, and we headed up to the Magic Kingdom.

It was perfect; we had so much fun. We ended up staying until midnight (I'm getting too old for that!). It was a bit crowded for a while, but not too bad.

Here are a few pics that I took. Enjoy!

We started out in California Adventure. Note the sincere smiles. Ha! They were actually quite irritated at me for bringing the camera; we'd just spend the whole previous evening smiling for our annual family pictures. So when I made them stop for a picture about ten feet from the entrance, they weren't thrilled.


Have you been on the new Toy Story Mania ride? It's so much fun! Especially the sweet 3D glasses they give you!


Not bad for a self portrait.


Matthew loves the water rides. We even talked AC into going on the Rapids with us!


After a few more rides at California, we decided to get the real party started and head over to Disneyland.


When I walk through the tunnel and round the corner onto Main Street, I can literally feel the happiness. I love it.


So cute!


My three men, on a mission to get to the restaurant. Apparently, everyone was hungry.


Snow on the castle, proof that Christmas is coming.


Ah, tradition. Dinner at the Village Haus.


I love the decorations.


The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!


Fall Flowers Everywhere


I don't really like the Haunted Mansion when it's decorated with the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. Matt wanted this picture; we were trying to catch it mid-transformation between nice snowman to spooky pumpkin man.


A tired John, trying to get comfortable while Matt and I went on Splash Mountain.
It was about 10pm.


Happy Halloween, Disneyland!


4 comments:

MomOfDudes said...

I LOVE those pictures! I had no idea Disneyland was decorated so cute for Fall and Halloween! I will have to go sometime. I LOVE that Castle at Christmas!

jaime said...

LOVE the candy corn everywhere, yum!

Sooz said...

Wow, John looks like a young man! So tall!!!!

JamieB said...

too old to trick or treat, never too old for disneyland...
if you wondered where you caught your flu bug, i'd say you have a sure bet right here.