Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Yep, It's Tuesday



It has come to my attention that exactly fifteen months from today, I will turn 40.  It doesn’t seem possible and I’m honestly not too sure how I feel about it. 

In light of that, I was thinking of things that I’d like to accomplish before the dreaded day.  Not extravagant or unrealistic things; of course I’d love to go back to Europe or get a larger house, but neither of those is going to happen.  I was thinking more of practical, potentially attainable things.  Some are trivial, some are more important. 

Here’s what I came up with.  Perhaps I’ll revisit this in 2015 and see if I was actually able to do any of them. 

  1. Learn to drink black coffee.
  2. Reach my goal weight.
  3. Have all of my photos and albums up to date.
  4. Learn to appreciate whiskey.
  5. Become a little more outgoing, especially at church and when meeting new people.
  6. Paint the inside of my house.
  7. Read the whole Bible.
  8. Have my back and knee healthy enough to complete a 10k.
  9. Own a fabulous pair of boots.  Two, actually.  One black, one brown.
  10. Take the time to begin playing the piano again. 

1 comment:

Crayl said...

You have over a year to NOT be 40, enjoy that without dread. ALso, being 40 and above is FABULOUS. Seriously.

Also, just my opinion, I don't see the need for #1 or #4. :)