Saturday, November 9, 2013

Where Are You, Christmas?

This morning I found myself at the mall and while the mall itself didn't have all of it's decorations up, Christmas was evident in each and every store that I was in.  Christmas music playing over the speakers, tress that were lit up, all of the annoying little displays that block the aisles...it has begun!  Generally this would have made me very happy; you know me...I'm all about Christmastime!  Today, however, I found that it totally stressed me out!  With all that's going on in my life right now, I feel like I can completely relate to Faith Hill's "Where Are You, Christmas?" 

It could be that I was just grumpy because I wasn't finding what I was looking for; it seems that when you're my size, there are significantly less cute things available.  It might have something to do with all of the Christmas related things on my to-do list; I feel behind!  I think the biggest thing, though, is that I really, truly have no idea what to get my loves this year.

When your kids are little, at least in my experience, it's super easy to make them happy.  One trek through Toys R Us and you're good to go.  Now it's harder.  It's not that they want things that are out of reach or unattainable, they just truly don't have a list!  What do you get for older teenage boys who have no idea what they want??

The easy thing would be to say something like, "...since you didn't provide me with a list, you don't get anything."  But I can't do that!  Giving gifts is truly one of my favorite things ever and I love to shower my loved ones with presents at Christmastime.  I'll just have to keep pondering and hope that something comes to me.

It's got to, right??


No comments: