Wednesday, November 6, 2013

He's Got This



While we were in the middle of Home Group last night, our leaders received a text that their (first) grand baby had arrived.  I don’t know that getting the news in the middle of Group was how they would have planned it, but since the action was taking place in Virginia, it was wonderful to be there and be able to celebrate with them.   What a joy to lift Baby James up to the Father just moments after he took his first breaths!

As we approached our time of prayer, the ugliness of this world was recognized as well.  A brother in our group shared that his father was gravely ill and wasn’t expected to make it through the night; it is likely that he is no longer with us.  While the mood certainly was not as joyful, it was still a blessing and a privilege to lift our brother and his family up before Christ, seeking His comfort throughout this time.

To be honest, I had a rough day yesterday; there’s some stuff going on that I’m having a difficult time with.  But in a way that only He can, the Lord reminded me last night that He’s got everything in His hands.  Nothing surprises Him.  We may be caught off guard every now and then, but He isn’t.  From the very first moment that we come into being, until our last breath, and every little thing in between, He controls it all.  He knew that James would be making his grand entrance last night, He knew that He would be calling another to Him, He knows what I’m dealing with and He knows where you’re at right now too.  

God’s got this, and what a comforting peace that brings!


“No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.”

No comments: