Thursday, November 28, 2013

Ten on Thursday

If you're especially perceptive, you might notice that I didn't do a Ten on Tuesday list this week; I had something more pressing on my mind initially and then things fell apart at home.  This is both the most joyous Thanksgiving that I've had in years as well as the most stressful and fearful.  While I was working in the kitchen a few minutes ago, I started to freak out again, so I quickly started listing the things that I am most thankful for today.  So, even though it's a Thursday, you get a list.  I'd better type quickly...I've got pies in the oven!

(As usual, these aren't in a particular order.)

1.  Andy.  It cannot be said often enough or loud enough how much he means to me.  He's truly been my rock in the last 48 hours and I can't imagine where I would be without him.  I'm a lucky girl.

2.  All of my people in one room.  When you have a child who no longer lives with you, this becomes extremely meaningful.  I'm so glad that John was able to come home, even if it's only for three days.

3.  My folks.  I'm so blessed to be spending another holiday season with them.  You never know how long you have; one must treasure every day!

4.  Thanksgiving x 2.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Andy's side of the family today, we get to do it all over again with my family tomorrow.  Twice the fun!  I'm so glad that we do it this way.

5.  Hot water.  We currently don't have any hot water in our house.  It's made me appreciate it all the more and I hope it won't be too long until we get it back.  Perhaps within a week or so.

6.  God's Provision.  The whole hot water situation has us in quite a bind and is the cause of the stress and fear that I mentioned earlier, but I am thankful that God has always provided for us before, and I am trusting that He will do it again. 

7.  Christmas socks.  I dug them out yesterday...I love them.

8.  Reminders from loved ones.  I've felt so loved and supported by those closest to me these last two days; I've been blessed with some really beautiful people in my live.  I don't take any of them for granted.  I want to hug all of them. 

9.  My church and my church family.  They are becoming more and more dear to us with each passing week. 

10.  My mother-in-law.  If you know her, you know how amazing she is.  She is kind and selfless and wise and a blessing to everyone around her.  If I let my guard down, which is admittedly hard for me to do, there's always something that I can learn from her.  The mister and I were at CVS late last night and someone there made a joke about needing to come and get some wine because their mother-in-law was coming to visit and that was the only way that they'd be able to deal with it.  I know that a lot of people really do feel that way; I'm so thankful for Andy's family.   

 Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: