Saturday, November 5, 2011

Just Another Day At The Office

We've all done it; we've all been miserable in some way, shape or form for our kids. Yesterday it was my turn.

John played (football) in Valley Center last night. Holy cow! It was awful! The temperature was in the mid 40's, and it poured when we got there so we were soaked to the bone. Thankfully, after a while the heavy rain stopped and it just showered off and on for the rest of the evening.

Andy snapped a picture of me during one of the breaks...I had four layers on and still couldn't get warm. It was hours before I could feel my toes. Seriously.

I've done many-a-thing for my kiddos; I'm sure you've done the same for yours. Games in bitterly cold weather, games in blistering heat, sitting up all night with a sick one, a midnight run to CVS to pick up supplies for that project that they forgot was due tomorrow...oh, and with the holidays coming, we're approaching another one - staying up late baking and cooking long after everyone else is in bed. It's all part of this crazy job called Motherhood.

And you know something? I wouldn't trade it for the world.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

You're making memories, Michelle! And you're right! It's an awesome privilege being a mom, especially of such great kids! Keep up the good work! You are awesome!

Sooz said...

Do I spy a handmade scarf? Cute picture!

Thany said...

Look how cute you are!!!

Michelle Coffman said...

Good catch, Sooz! It's actually one of the first ones that I made. It's awful..it's skinnier in the middle than on the ends because I missed some stitches, but it's about four feet long so I can wrap it around and around and no one can tell. I love the colors, so I wear it often.