Friday, November 4, 2011

1998

Do you know what day it is?
It's Flashback Friday, of course!
I'm picking up where I left off last year, so today brings us to 1998.


Ha! This was fun. I left John watching TV while I went to take a shower. Somehow, he got his leg stuck in the sofa bed mechanism. I couldn't pull him out without pulling his leg off and Andy was in class at the time so I had to call 911. The nice firemen came, and as you can see, they had to lift up the couch and dislodge him from underneath. Lovely.



There was a 7-Eleven right down the street from our apartment.
We bought a lot of Slurpees.



Story time with Grandma!



Apparently we went to Chevy's.



John got a guitar for his second birthday...



...guess who spent the whole time playing with it?



Such cuteness!



This isn't the greatest picture of anyone, but it's the last photo that I have of my grandparents with the boys.



Uncle Dave is probably pointing out which animals are conservatives and which ones are liberals.



Someone is one year old!



Goodbye, Granddad. We'll miss you forever.



Bate's Nut Farm. Or Nate's Butt Farm. Either way.



Trick or Treat!



This is one of my all-time favorites. About an hour after we arrived at Disneyland, Matt started running a fever. Since we'd just spent a ton of money to get in, we decided to see if he could tough it out. He was pretty miserable and we were about to call it quits when he found this leaf. He picked it up, put his head on my shoulder, and immediately went to sleep. While he was pretty sick, we made it through the day. He never let go of the leaf. He held it all day long, including all the way home. The next morning, he started antibiotics since both of his ears were infected. Poor kid.



4 comments:

Thany said...

I will say this....a good part of 1998 stunk for me personally but these pictures have almost completely redeemed it. Chevy's was for David's birthday, I think. And I STILL remember the phone call about John's foot. And the birthday parties. And Granddad. And the story about Matthew and the leaf and that poor kid and his ears. Kind of the best.

Love your family.

Crayl said...

I adore this post. You failed to mention your major haircut. And the comment about David, perfect...LOL

Sooz said...

Ack, nice bangs, Sooz. Love the picture of your grandparents. :-)

Joy said...

Matthew's little head on your shoulder reminds me of Nellie's! Poor little one:(