Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rewriting Christmas Songs

Sing along with me, will you? 
I've penned a new verse to It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year:


It's the most asthmatic time of the year.
With the damp air a-blowing, I'll keep neb-u-lizing - for my lungs I fear!
It's the most asthmatic time...of the year!


It seems cruel that my absolute favorite time of the year, November through February, is also the time that I most struggle to breathe.  The moist, cold air kills me.  This year it's starting early; there's a heaviness in my lungs that won't subside.  My barky cough is returning and I've already spent multiple days tied to my inhaler. 

Oh well.  It's a reasonably small price to pay for the glorious, heavenly cold weather. 
I really, really do love it. Cold, wind, rain...I come alive.
Bring it on, weatherman! 

No comments: