Well, Day One of Thanksgiving was a success! We had a wonderful day with Andy's family; tomorrow we get to do it again with my folks. It really is the best way to do it, rather than trying to run back and forth and do it all in one day.
Since I'm sitting here waiting for tomorrow's pies to finish cooking, I thought I'd share some random thoughts from today...
1. Aunt Lissa's chocolate trifle was amazing. I think I need to have it again when I'm not so stuffed.
2. "Celebrate Me Home" by Kenny Loggins belongs on my least favorite Christmas songs list. Seriously.
3. Apparently taco shops and Mexican markets remain open on Thanksgiving. It's a good piece of information to have; you never know when you're going to need some carne asada or a bean and cheese burrito.
4. I need a golden retriever.
5. I just got my first burn on of the season; pesky oven.
6. Here's what Matt consumed today: half of a frappucino, several sodas and some peppermint bark. I'm not kidding; that's it. I know he's not feeling well but really...it's Thanksgiving!!!
7. The post-meal nap is even more pleasant when one is under the influence of muscle relaxants.
8. The word relaxants just made me giggle because I read it as relax ants. I might say that next time I see a bunch of ants scurrying around. (Maybe I need to get some sleep...)
9. Michelle Obama can kiss my grits. I had pie today, I'm going to have some tomorrow and I'll probably even have some on Saturday. Can't she go cross stitch a picture or something for the eventual Presidential Library and keep her nose out of people's business? Sheesh.
10. First kid on the block to have my Christmas lights up, baby! We're that awesome!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!