Sunday, November 14, 2010

Looking on the Bright Side

Sitting here at 7:30pm on this fine Sunday evening, I don't really have much to offer in the way of blogging. It's been a long, exhausting weekend and I've got a nasty headache. Hopefully tomorrow will bring the return of regularly scheduled blogging.

However, there is always time to be thankful. With that in mind, there are two things that I am thankful for today so I thought I'd share them.

Item 1: Sleep. Or more specifically, consecutive hours of sleep. I'm a ridiculously awful sleeper; I wake up all the time. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I slept through the night; it was probably in the 90's. (This is probably why I'm tired all the time!) Last night though, I was treated to a rare blessing; I slept for six consecutive hours. It was amazing! I went to sleep around 1am and woke up at 7am. I could hardly believe it! Maybe the sleeping pill worked extra well, maybe it was the sangria, who knows. But it felt so, so good to get that much sleep! I'm quite thankful and I'm hoping that it'll happen again someday.

Item 2: New Neighbors That Seem Decent. We live in a townhouse and we seem to be the only owners in our building; the rest are renters and there is a lot of turnover. On one side of us, we have really nice people but they have the worst, small yappy dogs ever. I'm hoping that one day they'll magically disappear (no luck yet). The other side has been vacant for several months. Today, we came home to find people moving in. They seem so nice! It's a young couple, no kids and no dogs! We've had our share of bad neighbors over the years; I'm really thankful that it's looking up for this pair.

And with that, I'm going to take my thankful little rear off to bed and hope for some more of that sleep stuff. Goodnight, and here's to a better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

we are those awesome quiet neighbors with one little kitty cat, our neighbors and their insanely yappy dog finally moved out this past week! i have never been so greatful. hope your yappy dogs move on soon!

prayin you get some awesome sleep again tonight. sweet dreams.