Earlier this month, a friend of mine dedicated a post to some of her favorite movie and TV quotes. Some of us had a lot of fun guessing what they were from and I thought at the time that it might be fun to assemble my own list. Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and since I've watched an insane number of movies with the kids this week (gotta love school break!), I thought that tonight would be a good night to do it.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from some of my very favorite movies. Think you can figure them out? Some should be obvious; some might be more difficult. And no fair cheating and using Google!
1. "Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word. "
2. "Has anything you've done made your life better?"
3. "My friend here's trying to convince me that any independent contractors who were working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when it was destroyed by the Rebels. "
4. "Locked, from the inside. That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is. "
5. "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
6. "The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already."
7. "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."
8. "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. "
9. "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. "
10. "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Happy quote hunting!