Friday, November 5, 2010

1993 & 1994

As some of you are may recall, when I was blogging last year I had a Flashback Friday series. Each week I'd take a different year (in chronological order, of course) and I'd post a few pictures.

Since the last year I posted was 1992, it seemed logical to pick up in 1993. The problem is, I don't have very many pictures of 1993. Nor did I find very many pictures from 1994.

I was really involved at church; I sang in the choir and the worship team. I was a Jr. High leader and was in the College Group. I was working full time. I was pretty busy, I just wasn't thinking about pictures. Here's what I was able to scrounge up...


I spent a lot of time in 1993 babysitting/playing with my little cousins. It's hard to believe that they're all grown up now; it makes me feel really old!

In the fall of 1993, my parents celebrated their 25th Anniversary.
Surprise parties are fun.

Ah, one of my favorites of me and my bestie. We realized this past summer that I've now known her longer than I haven't known her.
That's a super cool thing.


Good times; a spring break party at said bestie's house. As I look at all of the faces here, some of them are my very favorite people in the whole world. Look closely, you might recognize some of them. Also, you should take note of my new, scruffy-haired boyfriend. (He was growing his hair out so that he could portray Jesus in an Easter production.) This was during spring break of 1994.
A month later, I'd be engaged.


3 comments:

Thany said...

One of my favorite nights of ALL TIME!

It was my birthday and we were going to be celebrating as a family that night after church when I asked if we could invite everyone over instead. Mom stretched fettuccine for 4 into fettuccine for 20+!

Additionally, everyone thought the scruffy haired new guy you brought around was pretty cute.

Crayl said...

It was the loaves and Fishes pasta I have heard about!
And look at Kris' hair! Wow.....
;)
Word verification : buBing....sweet.

Sooz said...

I remember your parents' anniversary party...I think...I remember we were both taking voice lessons from Heather who lived at the bottom of Tierrasanta Blvd about the time you met Andy...good times!