Thursday, November 13, 2014

Date Night Recap

As I mentioned in a Facebook post this morning, the Mr. and I had time to kill in La Jolla this evening.  
It's been forever since we spent an evening over there, so we were really looking forward to it.  
The night lived up to our expectations; we had a great time.  
Here are some of the particulars...



We ate way too much pizza.  
Like so much that I might not bother weighing in tomorrow. 
But man, it was delicious.

We walked.  And walked.  And walked some more.  Which was great.

He had a beer and I had a truly terrible martini.  At one point, he was trying to convince me to "knock it over."  I suggested that he work up an aghast look and throw it in my face; he thought I wouldn't like being that sticky.  I was bummed that the drink was lousy, but we got some good entertainment out of it.  

We played "Hobo or Engineer?" as people walked by.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.

He suggested that we walk down to the cove.  I'm not a beach gal and it was pitch black so when I said, "Ew.  It smells like Sea World!" he laughed and said, "Yep, we're here!"

We saw the big boob.  Yep.  I said it.  
You know...the water fountain that looks like a giant boob.  Some things never change.

We may have found a nice little bench under a huge tree full of twinkle lights to, um, sit on.

And then, when we were having a cup of coffee, we saw this.




You know, because for some, it's not enough to just study - you have to study with your viking helmet on.

Sigh.
Date nights are the best.

No comments: