Friday, November 7, 2014

2007

When you're too cheap to buy a jersey for the Super Bowl,
you make one out of a blue shirt and masking tape.
(When #18 next was in a Super Bowl,
one of my favorite people bought me a real one.)

Two cute members of the 2nd place Yellow Team at the AWANA Games

John's 11th Birthday

The last time that we dyed Easter eggs.  They're growing up!

All that for a broken toe.  I'm still not sure why it was necessary.
The toes are exposed!  The break was in a growth plate at the base of the big toe, though. 
Maybe they just wanted to keep him from abusing it while it healed.

Andy's one and only season coaching baseball.  Go Yankees!

This was a pretty fantastic group of friends.  Unfortunately, they had to say goodbye.
This was their last night together...they haven't all been in the same room since.
I miss them.

When your team goes 26 and 1combined for the
regular season and the tournament,
receiving a major award from the best coach
ever is pretty great. 

Andy traveled to Green Bay multiple times for work,and he got to tour Lambeau. 
They ate at some fancy restaurant in there and got to go play down on the field. 
I was extremely envious.

Summer just isn't summer without spending a week playing Pool Football.

He turned 10 and he wanted to go to Laughlin to eat at the breakfast buffet.
Lucky charms, pancakes, bacon, donuts and Mountain Dew.
Man, it's good to be 10.

Andy and I visited Chicago.  I actually don't mind this photo of me.

First time at White Castle!  Had to see what the hubbub was all about.
Unfortunately, it wasn't my last time at a White Castle. 
(Shudder.)

R2-D2 mailbox, best deep dish ever, Soldier Field (of course I took a picture of that)
and the view from the top of the Sears Tower (after I stopped crying and in between hits of my inhaler.)
Good times. 

Nate's Butt Farm!  (Sorry.)
And another broken bone for Matthew; an arm this time.
He also broke a thumb over the summer,
but I didn't manage to get a picture of that cast. 

Disneyland with my boys and parentals.  The best memories.

Love.

Our neighborhood was hit hard by fires; hundreds of homes were lost.
We were fortunate; many friends weren't so lucky.

I loved those boots.
But they weren't mine.  I think I need to buy some boots.
(Getting ready for a piano recital.)

Can there ever be too much Disneyland?  I say no.

Putting up Christmas trees, no matter which room they're in,
is one of my favorite things to do!

This was the last year that they slept "under the Christmas tree."
The next year, if memory serves, they decided that their beds
really are more comfortable than the floor.

Finishing the year right!
A spontaneous, day-after-Christmas trip back up to Monterey
to spend the last week of the year with our favorite people!

1 comment:

MomOfDudes said...

Sigh... Wonderful memories...