Monday, November 2, 2009

Uncharacteristically Me

If you've been around me very much, you know that I hate to be late. In fact, I usually consider myself late if I'm not where I need to be at least 10 minutes early. I've never been late to church. My kids have never been late to school. We're not late to sports, lessons, appointments... I'm not late!

That is (insert BIG sigh here), until now.

Being November 1st, yesterday was beginning of NaBloPoMo and since it's now 11:30am on November 2nd, clearly I'm running behind. I participated last year, I even did it in 2006 back when I was blogging on MySpace (do you even remember MySpace?).

Several times yesterday I thought about it and was kicking around the idea of trying it again this year. I even read posts of some of my buddies who are participating. I just figured that I'd do it later.

What's that? You ask what was so occupying of my time yesterday that I never got around to blogging? Well, there was Matt's 7:15am baseball game. Then church. Then lunch. Then, well, then came the important stuff: watching football, snoozing on the couch, farming, whipping up food in Cafe World, making (real) dinner, watching the World Series, watching a movie with the kids, taking down Halloween decorations and putting up Thanksgiving decorations. See? My day was just packed! :-)

All that to say, this year NaBloPoMo for me begins on November 2nd. I have no idea what you're going to get from me; life is flying by at an alarming speed and my brain feels quite mushy most of the time. I was promised a few visits by the Starbucks Fairy if I do this though, so that alone will make it worth the effort of trying to think of something to write about every day.

Anyhow, here's to trying! See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

jaime said...

It's the thought that counts, right? You did think about it on the 1st so, I guess I'll give you 1/2 credit! Love ya!

Thany said...

So so so glad you are sticking with it!!