Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The World We Live In

You know, sometimes I like to pretend that we're not in the 2000's...

Like maybe we're back in the 50's and I'm June Cleaver and my biggest problem is the Beaver giving away my new hat and gloves to the clothing drive at school.

Or maybe I'm Aunt Bea and I'm trying to help Opie nurse the sick birds back to health.

I could be Laura Petrie, were I'm busy rearranging the furniture for a dinner party that I'm throwing.

Heck, I could even be Lucy Ricardo and I would spend all day trying to figure out what to do with the two sides of beef that I ordered. (It was such a good price!)


Those happy thoughts never last long though. I'm always jolted back to the reality of our times. Take tonight, for example. This is question #10 on a consent form that John brought home from school today regarding the H1N1 vaccine:


10. Is your child pregnant or planning to become pregnant in the next month?
Yes - No - Don't Know


Sigh. I think I do miss the good ol' days.

No comments: