Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

Hey friends and fans. Okay, that might only be one of you...but still, Hey! :-)

I'm taking a little different approach to Ten on Tuesday for the rest of the month. Traditionally, the Tuesday lists have been things that I'm thankful for. I've decided to mix it up a bit and do a Top 10 list. So here we go...

Since I take my sweatshirts as seriously as I take my coffee cups, I'm going to count down my Top 10 sweatshirts for you and tell you why they mean so much to me. Enjoy!


#10. Ah, Veggietales. Back when the boys were younger, maybe 3 & 4 years old, I found these on sale at Berean and I got them for all three of us. It was the only matching stuff we ever had. They looked so cute in them! I pull this one out every now and then and am reminded of sweet times with my little ones.














#9. This one is a favorite because it reminds me of a lifetime of memories with my family and my dearest of friends. We've been season ticket holders to SDSU football games for all but about 5 years of my life. It's been wonderful. Things I think of:
-My mom making "math worksheets" for me when I was little
- Getting deli sandwiches and taking them with us (back when eating out was novel and a treat)
- When I was finally brave enough to not cover my ears when the cannon went off
- Taking turns buying ice cream with a certain guitar player that I know
- Tight end contests...'nuff said.
- GOOOO RICOOOOO!!! :-)





#8. Lucy! She's my favorite...heck, I am Lucy! Ever wonder why my blog is called Snow Comes Up?

My friends gave me this for my birthday about 8 years ago. After I opened this, we went to Magic Mountain and I got really, really sick and came home the next day with a fever and bad bronchitis. That was also the M.M. trip where I passed out on Goliath. Fun times, huh? Actually, it really was a day full of memories, some just different than I would have planned. This sweatshirt makes me smile; I think about Lucy, about good times with good friends, and how I wish with all my heart that we could recapture some of those times.







#7. While zip-up sweatshirts aren't typically my favorite, I make an exception for this one. I mean, how many people have their name on a sweatshirt? :-)

It's actually my brother-in-law's company, Coffman Construction, Inc. They had these made and were super cool to outfit our whole family in CCI gear. They're just awesome like that. Some of my very favorite people...





#6. While I'm not a die-hard Charger fan, I'm an extreme fan of the game. And, well, you have to have a home team sweatshirt, right?

Actually, this one is extra special because Matt gave it to me for Christmas a few years back. And, it's the warmest sweatshirt I have. This one comes out on the coldest of days.













#5. This one is pretty beat up but I love it.

When my hubby was accepted to CSUSM, I schlepped the kids up to the school one day to surprise Andy with a t-shirt.

So, I went to the school one afternoon with a one year old and a two year old. We had to park in an outer visitor lot, which was about mile away from the bookstore. I also seem to recall the biggest staircase ever (or it seemed so carrying a one year old) that we had to climb. We made it though, and while there, I treated myself to a sweatshirt.

It was a fun (looking back) adventure getting this one and it reminds me of my husband's incredible commitment to both is family and his education.





#4. This one makes me happy because I actually purchased it in Wisconsin.

Several years back, Andy and I were in Chicago and we decided to drive up to Kenosha for the evening. Beautiful town!

It was a perfect fall night, nice and cold. We went for a walk and then went shopping and I bought this. We then topped off the evening with a trip to White Castle, where I quickly decided that I never need to go to White Castle again! :-)










#3. This is one of my new favorites. I bought it at a baseball tournament that Matt was in a couple of weekends ago. I wasn't sure if I was going to get a sweatshirt or not, but when the boys won the tourney, with Matt pitching the win, I decided that I must have one. My boy rocks!









#2. Well, now that John is playing high school football, I had to get one for his team, didn't I? That was a given!

So proud of John and all of the work he's put in...literally hundreds of hours. He's amazing. Go Nighthawks!















#1. Is there any doubt why this one is my very, very favorite?

It's a sweatshirt (which implies that it's cold outside if you need it).

It's from Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth.

It's Christmas.


Yep, this one's the best! Only a few more days until I can pull this one out! I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Thany said...

RIIIIIIICCOOOOOOOOO!!!
That made me smile like you have NO idea. :)

Was surprised to NOT see a certain maroon and blue striped sweatshirt on that list. ;)

jaime said...

Whoa, I missed some days! I was expecting a gnarly pic of Matt, it's really not so bad! Love that we made it in your top 10, and you are some of our very favorite people too! AND, look, you have 2 fans! :-)