Monday, November 9, 2009

"I don't have THAT many."

Since it's now officially Christmas Season at our house, when the boys wanted hot chocolate last night it seemed like the right time to dig out the Christmas mugs. As I should have expected, that turned into me taking the opportunity to clean the cabinets. I unloaded everything, washed out the cabinets and then put things away in a proper, tidy fashion. While I was reloading, I went through things, pulling out things I don't need anymore. Here's a bit of the conversation that Andy and I had while that was happening:


Me: "Hey, honey...look at all of the stuff I'm able to get rid of. It's going to make the cabinets so much more tidy. There will be room for everything without cramming it all in there."

Andy: "Are you sure you won't want any of that next week and go out and buy it again?"

Me: "No, I never use it. There's not really room for it all anyway, so there's no use keeping it."

Andy: "There's only 'no room' because of your dang Starbucks mugs."

Me: "Oh, come on. I don't have that many."


It was then that I stopped and counted. Yep, he was right. I kind of do have that many. Seventeen to be exact. But I need every one of them! Choosing the right mug each morning is a terribly important decision; it reflects my mood and sets the tone for my whole day! My coffee mugs are a very personal thing. I decided to share them with you.



The Everyday Mugs



The Fall/Autumn Mugs



The City Mugs



The Christmas Mugs




And that makes 17!
No wonder that cabinet was getting a bit crowded. :-)

2 comments:

Thany said...

The tall Christmas ones are my favorite.
I think I have to pull mine out soon!!

ruthbrooks said...

I was telling my friend, Michele, about your mug blog and she was cracking up.......she says she totally gets that it's a big decision to pick the appropriate mug for the day:) Her husband is always trying to get her to slim her mug collection down! I have my very favorite mug (one you also own) and tend to just stick to that one. But I LOVE mugs, too, and always look for unique ones at the thrift stores. I found 2 Trader Joes mugs a few months ago. Very cool, but not big enough (just the standard size)