Friday, November 6, 2009

Four

As much as I hate to admit it (rather, I hate the need for the admission), I have made the decision to do something about my current state of health. This week I re-joined Weight Watchers. Something needed to be done and since it worked for me a number of years ago, I decided to try it again.

You know how it goes; all foods/beverages have a point value and you are allowed to consume a certain number of points per day. It's nice in that you can have whatever you want, but the points really do disappear quickly.

This brings me to my problem with the number four.

Four is the number of points that my morning latte from Starbucks contains. FOUR. That doesn't seem fair at all! I don't get that many points in a day and it seems completely insane that I should have to spend four of them right off the get-go with my coffee.

I know what you're thinking: Skip the latte. But that's just silliness. Of course I'm going to have the latte. I'm just going to gripe about it every day. Four is a ridiculous amount of points for my non-fat, decaf vanilla latte!

'Nuff said. (For now!) :-)

2 comments:

jaime said...

See, maybe my diet plan all these years has been no coffee! I don't know that I'll ever fully comprehend all the benefits of not getting sucked in, heck, how much money have we saved? That could be paying for our Canadian adventure!

Thany said...

I understand.
And I am so proud of you. :)