Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We Are of Peace. Always.

While I'm definitely selective, I can be a bit of a SciFi geek from time to time. With that in mind, last night was huge.

I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that they were remaking "V". I loved the Original Miniseries, the Final Battle and even the terribly campy series. My dad and I never missed an episode and we had the VHS recordings of many of them. I should also mention that for two Halloweens in a row, I went out as "V" characters.

So last night, we sent the kids upstairs at around 10:30pm, I settled under my cozy blanket on the couch, we found "V" on our dvr list and hit play.

And.....

I loved it! Sure, it's campy, just like the old ones were, but it was awesome!

Morena Baccarin totally worked as Anna. I was a bit worried because Jane Badler was such a perfect Diana, but they did a good job with the new character. Erica and Jack did well (presumably) representing Julie and Donovan. We have an alien traitor, a resistance forming and a teenage human/alien love story budding...all good stuff. And who doesn't love Alan Tudyk?

The only thing that bugged me slightly was that they kept calling them "the V's". I would have preferred referring to them as "the visitors" as they did back in the day, but that's minor and I'm willing to overlook it.

All in all, I give it two thumbs up (I'd award more if I had more thumbs) and I'm hooked. I will no longer be taking phone calls, texts or emails on Tuesday nights from 8pm - 9pm. I'll be channeling my preteen/teenage self and watching a ridiculously-awful-yet-terribly-fabulous TV series. :-)

1 comment:

MomOfDudes said...

I have been so thinking about you and "V" I remember your post about your Halloween costume. I sure hope I get to meet you someday Michelle... I think you are so cool and I am glad you loved the new series

Have a blessed day