Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ready for the Letter R

It's Ten on Tuesday time; time for a list of my favorite things that begin with the letter R. Here you go, in no particular order:

1. Roundabouts. I got to experience these for the first time this year when I was in Europe. So much driving fun!

2. Red Vines. Not the little packs from the grocery store; I'm talking about the big tub from Costco when you first open it and they're perfectly fresh!

3. Rome. AC and I spent five days in Rome this past June, and it was absolutely amazing. The most romantic vacation ever; I will never forget it.

4. Rain. I love rain. I hope to live in the Pacific Northwest before my life is over.

5. Red Robin. The best steak fries and ranch dressing around.

6. Rent. The musical. Now, while I don't agree with their lifestyle choices at all (I do not advocate being gay or being a bum who doesn't pay rent), I love the music. The soundtrack is always in my cd player; I listen to it regularly. There are four musicals that I would love to be in; this is one of them.

7. Reindeer Games. It's my favorite line Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The thought of reindeer actually playing games always conjures up funny images in my head.

8. Roses. I love roses; they're beautiful to look at, but I especially love to smell them. In Europe we went to a town called Marburg, and up near the castle they had the most beautiful rose garden I've ever seen. There were hundreds of rose bushes all in bloom; I stood there with my eyes closed and the smell was breathtaking.

9. Rome. I know that I used this one already, but I was talking about city before. Now I'm talking about the HBO series, Rome. I thought about combining the two, but really I couldn't; they are both so good that they deserve their own entry. Rome (the show) was fabulous. It only aired for two seasons; I'm terribly sad that they cancelled it. AC and I loved it. I don't really recommend it to people, I don't think that most of you would like it. It's not for the faint of heart; it's quite racy, pretty gritty a lot of the time. But we thoroughly enjoyed every episode! Long live the 13th!!!

10. Robeks. My new favorite smoothie place. It's a little more pricey than Jamba, but it tastes better, it's healthier, and they're doing fund raisers for Little League for us. I love Robeks.


Check out my friend, Crayl, at Beyond Black & White to see what everyone else is thankful for!

3 comments:

Crayl said...

Very unique list. Nicely done.
:)

MomOfDudes said...

I loved your list Michelle, Especially the Roses. I just closed my eyes and tried to imagine myself there...
You made me smile.

Misty said...

i love Rent too... The first time I saw it, I was so moved. I just kept crying and saying "These are the people Jesus would have been with. THESE Are them... not the stuffy, judgmental church folks. These are the ones who need the love."