Friday, September 19, 2008

1977

Greetings, Flashback Friday friends!

Today we have traveled back in time to Easter Sunday, in March of 1977. Yours truly is two years old, and we find ourselves where were spent every Easter, at Aunt Margie and Uncle Cyril's house.


I would like to direct your attention to a few things in this picture.

As we begin, check out my grandparents. How fine they look, in their matching western-ish outfits! They must have gotten over this phase reasonably quickly, as I don't have any real recollection of them dressing like this. And what's with Granddad's collar? It's huge!!!! The only thing I see there that stood the test of time were the accessories. Grandma had that necklace for the rest of her life; in fact I think we still have it with her things. As for Granddad, whenever he would dress up, he would wear a bolo; that never changed.

Let's move on to my mom. While the picture is certainly dated (note the flair of her pants, the glasses, the hairstyle), I think she looks fabulous! She's so skinny; look at her waist! I don't care for her color choices, but I'm willing to overlook them. She gets a free pass this week.

How about my dad? You know what amazes me here? Put some grey in his hair and mustache, add a pair of glasses and he really doesn't look any different! Seriously. Think about it, VGCC gals, if he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and Dockers, can't you totally picture him sitting there at the piano???

As for me, nothing spectacular this week. I would just like to point out two things. First, I am wearing socks with lace around the edges. These were my dress-up socks; I still liked that style, even as late as kindergarten. Secondly, please note the most rockin' slippers of all time: my Cookie Monster slippers. Those things hung on for another year or two, because I clearly remember them. I was quite sad when my feet finally got too big to shove into them.

I almost cropped the picture so that we would all be in the center and the foliage would be cut out. However, I realized that if I'd have done that, you'd have missed the seeing the sweet, knitted plant holder. I know. It's amazing. You're welcome.

Next week is a big week. We have some serious cuteness, a major injury and my first pet. You certainly won't want to miss it! See you next Friday!

3 comments:

Misty said...

so cute! I love old photos... What the heck were the styles even aimed at, in the 70s? (and 80's... and 90's for that matter)

Thany said...

This is the year and month I was born!

And I love seeing the old pictures of your family. In general, everyone really ages really well! you will look great when we are ancient.

Don't stop doing this, it makes me so happy. Your family makes me happy.

Sooz said...

Everyone looks the same! How fun! Let's see...1977...I was 9 and probably wearing a collar similar to your granddad's!