Friday, September 5, 2008

1975

Today's Flashback Friday takes us back to the year that I was born, 1975.

As I was going through old pictures last weekend, it occurred to me that I was not the cutest of kids. I wasn't too ugly or anything, I just didn't really get cute until after I'd had a birthday or two. Therefore, it was hard for me to find a picture that I felt comfortable enough with to post.

Obviously, this is my mom and me; I was a few days shy of nine months old. I chose this one for several reasons.

First, I really do like my outfit. I'm not a girlie girl, never have been. If I had a daughter, I would never dress her in super girlie stuff. This outfit works because it manages to be cute without having a bunch of frills. I like the slight poof of the sleeves with the elastic around the edges, the little green bow that matches the pants, and the blue top. Blue is, after all, my favorite color.

Next, I always crack up at the backgrounds that they used to have at Sears. You didn't really think that we were sitting in a park by a lake, did you?

Finally, while I like the picture of my mom in general, I love her hand in this picture. Her fingers look very long and graceful to me.

Thanks for stopping by...see you next Friday!

1 comment:

Thany said...

you wrote up this whole post and didn't say anything about your mom's ROCKIN GLASSES?!

Know what Nathan told me today? No one baby is cuter than the other. I almost completely agree and now all you have done is made me want to see the pictures you rejected. :)