Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Yippee! I am so excited!! One of my most favorite seasons is finally here!!!

No, it's not Christmastime, as the title might suggest. Nor is it Fall, although each and every morning I pray that Fall will arrive and that the fog and clouds will not burn off!

The glorious season of which I speak...Football Season!

Each year, I eagerly anticipate this week! Basketball season is the worst; I can't stand it. I even look forward to baseball during basketball season! Then, all though the long summer months of baseball, I keep pressing on, knowing that soon, it'll be kick-off time.

I take it quite seriously...

I'm a loyal season ticket holder to our lame local college team. We've been attending games since before I was a teenager and you know what? One of these seasons is going to be a winning season.

Each year, I include a football with the fall and harvest decorations that sit outside my front door.

I have an electric jack-o-lantern for Halloween that's a football. It's terribly cute.

I have football ornaments for the tree.

Each year I have to choose to be a good Aunt, because certain birthday parties always coincide with play-off games.

I never attend Super Bowl parties because there is always too much party-ing going on and not enough watching of the game.

So finally, after all these months of waiting, I am rewarded! NCAA play began last weekend, NFL begins tonight. Don't bother emailing or texting me between 4pm and 8pm this evening...I'll be parked on the couch watching the 'Skins take on the reigning Super Bowl champions. And I'll be loving every minute of it!

2 comments:

Thany said...

I am terribly happy for you. :)

JamieB said...

you should read my blog entry on football season... sorry i can't relate :)