Sunday, January 11, 2009

"There's an avalanche a-coming, and I do not feel prepared!"

I'm sure that I will set out to do a great many things in 2009, some of which will be successful, others which my not turn out exactly according to plan. There is one thing, however, that I will not fail on this year...

I will never not know the date!

Observe...


I have three, count them...three calendars sitting next to me at my desk. I thought about putting one or two of them elsewhere, but since I spend so much time at my desk, I really wanted them here so that I can enjoy them all.

The one on the left is a calendar of Rome that I purchased when I was there in June. Each month has a different site, I was at all of them! It'll be fun to remember.

The one in the middle is one that I've wanted for several years. It's fabulous quotes from The Office. AC got it for me for Christmas. Each morning I'm quite excited at seeing what's next.

Finally, on the right we have a calender of Berlin. It's similar to the Rome calendar except that it's, well, Berlin! Again, I picked it up when I was there this summer. I think there are two sites out of the twelve that we didn't make it to, this month's being one of them. Still, fun memories.

In closing... my house may not be cleaner at the end of the year than it is now, I may not be thinner, I may not be rich, but darn it - I'll know the date!

p.s. A million bonus points to the first person who tells me what movie my title quote is from. Without looking it up!!! :-)

No comments: