Since today's Ten on Tuesday letter is C, I thought I'd list ten Christmas things that I'm thankful for. Fun, huh? So here they are...
1. Christmas Ornaments. Our tree would be naked without them. Each one has it's own story...I love taking them out of the box each year and thinking about so many wonderful memories.
2. Christmas Lights. Few things make my insides as happy as driving around after dark looking at all of the beautiful lights. We put ours up on Thanksgiving, they usually come down shortly after New Year's Day. I love lights.
3. Christmas Carols. Many of you know, I'm a Christmas music junkie. Singing Christmas carols (with someone, so as to have the proper harmony) is one of my favorite things to do.
4. Christmas Sweaters. I know this is going to sound goofy, but I do love Christmas sweaters. I don't actually wear them, but I love to be out shopping and see someone in one. They can be quite cute.
5. Christmas Cards. I enjoy purchasing them, writing them, mailing them (on December 1st) and receiving them. One of my besties sent me a card in the mail every day for the whole month of December a few years back. It was truly the best present she could have given me. Come on, people, get your cards out!
6. Christmas Presents. I love giving Christmas presents. I love to get things for people, and bring them joy. Kind of odd coming from me, I know, but I really do love giving gifts.
7. Christmas Cookies. Seriously, Christmas cookies rock. I should probably also mention Christmas Candy with this one. I have several cookie and candy recipes that only come out at Christmastime. Yum!
8. Christmas Trees. I love our tree. One of my favorite things to do is sit on the couch with my hubby with only the lights from the tree on. It can turn an ordinary evening into a magical evening.
9. Christmas Parties. The Christmas Party encompasses so many things: the lights, the cookies, the trees, the carols and even the sweaters. SO much fun. I have one to go to this Saturday and I can't wait!!!
10. Christmas Luminaries. Each year, our whole neighborhood buys luminary kits from the Boy Scouts on Christmas Eve. We each get 25 of them, and we put them along the street and sidewalks in front of our houses and light them at dusk. They're long burning ones; they go until past midnight. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. After dark, with everyone's Christmas lights on and thousands of luminaries lining the streets, it's a perfect holiday scene. If you have nothing else to do, I highly recommend heading this way to check them out. It's my favorite thing about living here; and what I'll miss the most if I ever leave.
Head on over to Beyond Black and White to see what everyone else is thankful for this week!