Monday, February 9, 2009

Only Mostly Dead

"Your blog is dead."

My husband has spoken this phrase several times over the past week upon discovering that I haven't kept up with my blog.

It's not that I don't want to; it's just a time thing. Every day is flying by right now and I'm so very busy. In the morning I remind myself that I need to set aside some blog time, it's usually on my To Do list. However as they days roll on, I don't seem to be able to fit it in. It's funny... I always do fine in November when participating in NaBloPoMo. For some reason, it's harder to stick with it at other times of the year.

Maybe I'm trying too hard. Maybe I'm expecting grand and glorious things each day and when that doesn't happen, I give up all together. Maybe just a simple ponderable can indeed be enough sometimes.

With that in mind, here's one for you to think about today:

Why is it that people, drivers specifically, turn into absolute morons when it rains?

It's everywhere on the news, "...the freeways are just packed...", "...it's a disaster out there, give yourself extra time...", "...the rain is causing huge delays...", "...accidents delay drivers for hours...". You get a little bit of water in San Diego and it's like it's the end of the world! Every news channel has a headline that reads, "Storm Watch 2009" or something equally ridiculous. People everywhere are complaining about it like they haven't seen the sun in over a decade.

Then there are the drivers themselves. Occasionally you get an idiot that thinks he can zip around and he spins out causing everything around him to slow down. More often than not though, it's the other way around; people drive like the rain has made their vehicles physically unable to reach speeds greater than 40 mph.

I love the rain; I adore it. But sometimes I really hate going out in because of what it does to everyone else out there.

Just remember: The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have not been loosed, Armageddon has not begun and Ripley has not brought any Aliens back to the planet. It just rained...for a few days...it'll probably only do it a few more times this entire year! I'm pretty sure we're all going to be just fine.

2 comments:

Thany said...

RAIN MAKES MY BRAIN MELT! WHERE IS MY STEERING WHEEL?! WHAT IS THIS STICK THING THAT MAKES ME GO FORWARD AND BACKWARD?! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana said...

Jim and I always laugh at those news headglines....Ice Storm 2009 or Wind or whatever. They do it everywhere I have ever lived. SOOOOO lame but always good for a chuckle!