Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall Is Coming

I know, I know....Winter is Coming.  It truly is; both the physical winter that will technically be upon in a few months, followed by the winter of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, with the premiere of season 4.  I'm excited about both. 

Today, however, I'm talking about the return of fall.  Actually, it's not coming, it's here.  In a Ten on Tuesday offering, I will list ten signs that tell me it's fall, for which I am so very grateful. 

1.  I have to wear a sweatshirt and Uggs when I take Matthew to school in the morning.

2.  My skin is so dry that it's literally cracking in places.  Time to increase the lotion/moisturizer. 

3.  I'm drinking coffee much more often.  I'm not one of those people who can drink (hot) coffee in the summer, so I can gauge the coming of the seasons by measuring my coffee intake. 

4.  My Halloween lights are up outside.  I jumped the gun by a few days this year, but now that October is here, I can unashamedly turn the lights on each night.

5.  Yesterday, I baked a pumpkin pie. 

6.  I'm beginning to contemplate if I'll participate in NaBloPoMo this year.  I'm trying to determine if I have anything interesting to say.

7.  The hours of daylight are noticeably shifting.  And I love it.

8.  The grocery store smells like cinnamon pine cones.

9.  I received the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas Yankee Candle catalog.  Can I order one of everything?

10.  Speaking of ordering....it's time to begin Christmas shopping.  I actually have two gifts already, but really, it's time.

Yay!  It's fall!

No comments: